Scrubbing floors, vacuuming carpets, disinfecting furniture – there’s almost nothing we won’t do to keep our houses clean. We put a lot of effort into cleaning our homes as this not only benefits us but also our guests. Just imagine if guests came over and saw that your place was a mess. It would be terribly embarrassing, and they’d probably never want to visit again.
The same level of care and maintenance should be applied to your office. It should not only look professional and presentable but also feel welcoming and comfortable. Much like your home, your workplace should be a place people want to come back to.
Most people work an average of 40 to 44 hours a week. If you work 8 hours a day, you spend approximately 33.3% of your day in the office. That’s a significant amount of waking time spent in the office, and it definitely shouldn’t be time spent in dirt and clutter.
Here are the 5 other reasons why office cleaning is absolutely necessary:
- To provide a tidy and conducive workplace. It’s hard to get some work done if your office is dirty and disorganised. For many years, it has been proven that employees work better in a clean office. A well-organised workplace motivates people to be more creative and productive. On top of that, it boosts employee satisfaction and morale.
- To promote a healthier work environment. Cleaning is the simplest method of maintaining a healthy environment. Employers have the responsibility of keeping the office a safe place for employees. Scheduled cleaning keeps the place free from harmful organisms that can compromise health. Proper maintenance and sanitation helps prevent illnesses and thus reduce possible absences of employees. Simply put, a clean office is a healthy office.
- To allow staff to focus on their respective tasks. If you have a huge office, a number of areas would need cleaning – desks, hallways, lobby, reception area, restrooms and windows. Maintenance tasks would take a significant amount of time and require professional skills in order to be done effectively and thoroughly. As the staff already have their duties, they can’t be bothered with additional tasks such as cleaning. Hiring cleaning contractors is a great option in this case. Your employees can then spend more time focussing on their assigned tasks.
- To prevent accidents and injuries. A disorganised workplace can make employees prone to accidents. Somebody may trip over because of items lying around. As the employer, you might end up spending too much for compensation. This is a situation that can be prevented by taking the right measures early on. Getting professional cleaning services can help keep the office clean and safe.
- To make a great and lasting impression. Keeping your office clean is not just for you and the staff. An organised workplace will reflect your character as the owner and will have an impact on your reputation. When guests come for a visit, they will judge the place by what they see and smell. Your visitors may question your credibility or professionalism if they see a poorly-maintained office. A clean and well-organised office is a sure-fire way to impress guests, clients and business partners.
If you’re planning to hire professional cleaning services, Show Piece Services is the name you can call. We specialise in commercial cleaning and have been in service for 12 years. We also offer specialised cleaning services including carpet steam cleaning, high pressure cleaning and eco-friendly waste facilitation.
Contact us today and get the quality service you need and deserve. Keep your office as clean as your home with Show Piece Services!